No matter what goals you are trying to achieve, we will help motivate you and get you there!
Are you trying to get back to the gym following an injury? Interested in improving your performance in sports?
Working with a trainer who is also a physical therapist means the focus is on safe and effective movement patterns. We train our clients not only to get stronger and/or leaner but more importantly, to move correctly and use the appropriate muscle groups. The emphasis is on how you move (rather than how heavy you can lift), which decreases the likelihood of injury.
What are the other benefits of working with a certified personal trainer besides learning proper form when exercising? They include:
- Improved cardiovascular and muscular fitness
- Weight loss
- Variety of exercises
- Increased muscle mass
- Improved mental health
- Consistency of exercise
- Dietary education
Our Personal Training Specialties include:
- Corrective Exercise
- Weight Loss
- Stability and Strength Training
- Core Strengthening
- Total Body Functional Movements
- Sports-specific performance and conditioning
- Geriatric Wellness
What to Expect at Your First Training Session
In the first session, you will be asked to fill out a few forms to ensure you are safe to start a fitness program. We will then discuss your primary goals with you. After a thorough goal discussion, you will undergo initial fitness testing including some or all of the following:
- Cardiovascular exercise testing: this will be performed on either a treadmill, recumbent bike, or steps depending on your ability
- Flexibility testing: including the testing of hamstrings and hip muscles
- Functional movement testing: including squat analysis
- Core strength and endurance testing: including plank and lower abdominal muscle testing
- Range of motion testing: including spinal and hip range of motion
If your primary goal is weight loss, the following measurements will also be taken during the first session.
- Height and weight
- Circumference of various areas
- Resting heart and metabolic rate
The results of these tests and measures will help us determine the appropriate level to start progressing you towards your goals. In other words, in order to know where you are going, it is important to know where you start. This information will also be tracked over time and compared to initial testing at a later date.
Training sessions last an hour in duration and are offered as single sessions, 8, 12, or 16 session packages, depending on the individual goals of the person.
Our Certified Personal Trainer has been certified through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) since 2006. Her credentials include:
Certified Personal Trainer: Level 3
Corrective Exercise Specialist
Senior Fitness Specialist
Fitness Nutrition Specialist