Don’t Miss Our CURRENTLY Free Report
“8 Expert Tips to Help Prevent Running Injuries”
With Chicago’s beautiful lakefront paths and relatively flat streets, running is one of the most popular forms of physical activity. Whether you are a competitive marathoner or a recreational runner, injuries are common in runners.
Common Running Injuries we Treat:
- Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (shin splints)
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Piriformis Syndrome
- ITB Syndrome
- Patellar Tendonitis/Runner’s Knee
- Ankle pain
- Hamstring strain
- Trochanteric bursitis
- Low back pain
- Groin pain
Our physical therapist is experienced in working with runners and detecting abnormal movement patterns. Oftentimes, decreased joint mobility or muscle imbalances cause a breakdown of running form. This can lead to injury. As a result, we will first analyze your gait (pattern of walking), followed by an analysis of your running form. Everything from the upper to lower body will be analyzed in both slow motion and real time.
Your physical therapist will develop a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs that includes a strengthening and flexibility program. In addition, your therapist will provide recommendations for proper training methods and footwear to prevent future injury. We understand how much runners do not like to be told to “hold off on the running and rest”. Therefore, a gradual return to run program will be initiated as soon as possible. In order to facilitate this, we perform a running analysis. We also offer this service for those who are not in physical therapy, but who want to increase performance. Below is a sample of what a full self-pay running analysis includes:
Running Analysis: Session 1
1. Gait analysis on treadmill or outside (typical walking speed).
2. Running analysis on treadmill or outside (typical running speed).
3. Lower body functional strength and balance testing.
4. We will send out your results following the physical therapist’s analysis.
Running Analysis: Session 2
1. We will discuss the results of session 1.
2. A home exercise program will be provided to you based on your results.
3. Your home exercise program will be reviewed in the clinic to ensure proper body form.
Running Analysis Package: includes both sessions
Whether seeking to improve performance or recovering from an injury, In Motion, PT has got you covered! If you’ve sustained an injury, your PT will work with you to decrease the pain associated with your running injury, so you can return to running as quickly as possible!