In Motion Physical Therapy specializes in the rehabilitation of recreational and competitive athletes. We provide a comprehensive evaluation and various treatment options for orthopedic and sports-related injuries.
Whether injured during a race, practice, or a game, our treatments are designed to return you to the sport you love as quickly as possible following injury. In addition, we work with you to help you not only recover from your injury but also provide you the tools necessary to decrease the likelihood of re-injury.
Our evaluation includes, but is not limited to:
- Functional movement screens
- Video motion analysis
- Range of motion testing emphasizing the requirements of the sport
- Functional strength testing
To return you to your sport at the optimal level, we use a combination of:
- Manual therapy techniques
- Sport-specific mobility training
- Sport-specific strengthening
- Functional training for sport-specific movement patterns
Some of the most common sports injuries we see include:
- ITB Syndrome
- Ankle sprains
- Hamstring strains
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Stress fractures
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-surgical labral, rotator cuff, meniscus, and ACL repairs
- Hip impingement
In addition to the above services, our therapist will provide the appropriate recommendations for orthotics or sport-specific braces, as needed. Finally, we also offer a transitional program to a personal training. This is a great option for patients who have exhausted their physical therapy benefits but would benefit from continued strength and endurance programs in a clinic-based environment.